I LEFT MY HOUSE.
July 17, 2008
I made people go to a TV writer meetup thing with me tonight (yes, I generally write features. BUT I AM WRITING A HILARIOUS COMEDY PILOT SO WHATEVER.)
Aside from the fact that everyone there was approximately nine years old (seriously. Shouldn’t you people be bumming around Europe or trying untested designer hallucinogenics in Mexico or otherwise acting really irresponsible?) we had a good time. Here are a few of the people I met:
1. Amanda. I totally recognized her from the picture on her blog, and then I thought about how that was maybe kind of creepy of me.
2. Mike, who did an excellent impression of KITT as voiced by Christopher Walken.
3. Todd, who is really into The PacNo Experience, which I endorse, because The PacNo Experience is awesome.
4. Josh was there, but I did not see him, because I suck.
5. Deborah, who totally understood the problem with staying home to write (the problem is that IT MAKES YOU CRAZY.)
Here are some other things I am finding pretty exciting:
A WHOLE BLOG about otters. I really, really like otters. They look so devious, like they’re planning a bank heist. And a group of otters is called a ROMP, which is excellent.
The Terminator:Salvation teaser trailer:
2009 cannot come soon enough! DARK FUTURE DYSTOPIA! KILLER ROBOTS! CHRISTIAN BALE BROODING MESSIANICALLY!
The Watchmen teaser trailer:
I really like Zack Snyder (I mean. I don’t KNOW Zack Snyder. I just like his visual style a lot.) and redouble my demand that it be 2009 right now.